Years of Youth Rep

Years of Youth Rep

Thursday, April 1, 1999

Brigid

NHTP nourished Brigid’s passion for acting from the age of 8, when she first joined NHTP’s Story Theatre Camp. Brigid was with NHTP for nine years, over the course of which she joined the Junior and then Senior Repertory. With NHTP, Brigid has performed in As You Like It, You Can’t Take It With You, Hamlet, and Macbeth’s Children. Brigid graduated this year with a degree from the School of Film, Theatre, and Television at the University of California, Los Angeles.

Jane, Brigid, and Robbie in NHTP's 2011 Senior Rep production of As You Like It
"NHTP is one of the best things that ever happened to me. First of all, the theatre education was priceless. From mature productions to intelligent discussions about artistic themes and the human condition, NHTP provides the experience a young actor needs, and the wisdom to show for it. Second, at NHTP, I found some of the best friends and most talented kids I’ve ever met. The environment is one of family, so accepting and good-hearted. Everyone’s individuality is honored, personally and professionally. Third, NHTP challenged me to explore things I never thought I could. My weaknesses became strengths with the help of this amazing organization. I could go to college knowing that I had a base for my theatre education that is as precious to me as the art itself."

No comments:

Post a Comment