Years of Youth Rep

Years of Youth Rep

Thursday, April 1, 1999

Colby

Colby’s first role with Youth Rep was as the stage manager in Our Town. Fittingly, Colby went on to become a technical intern with NHTP until she graduated in 2009. She now lives and works in Maine.


"I just started a new job as the Education and Outreach Associate for Portland Ovations. Portland Ovations is a presenting company that brings music, dance, and Broadway tours, but they also do several school time performances so part of my job is organizing all the teachers who are bringing school groups. I also teach workshops in schools, organize master classes with the visiting artists, and coordinate pre-performance lectures and Q&As. Our next show is about immigration, being performed at a local elementary school on election day. So I have a stable desk job bringing theatre to kids, and I am using all my stage management skills to do it. It's perfect. And I never would be doing this without NHTP."

No comments:

Post a Comment