Years of Youth Rep

Years of Youth Rep

Thursday, April 1, 1999

Ben

Ben was a longtime camper at New Hampshire Theatre Project's summer camps before joining Senior Rep. He performed in The Skin of Our Teeth in 2007. Ben now works as a photographer in New York.


"As a former Youth Repper, I loved being a part of the unbelievably welcoming community that is NHTP. In every program I joined or summer camp I attended, I always felt like every person there was a friend. It was so easy to get along with everyone and I always felt supported by my peers and mentors. Every moment was so much fun, but at the same time challenging. We were all challenged to take our craft seriously both on and offstage, whether it was being ready for a cue or researching our characters at home. Being a part of this community not only broke me out of my shell, it also taught me professionalism, respect, and generosity. We were expected to treat our performances as if we were professional actors, which made everyone become one big team. The actors, tech crews, musicians, and all the rest couldn't have put on such fun and enjoyable performances if they didn't work together as a supportive group. 

"Now, I look back and am so thankful for the environment that Genevieve Aichele and everyone else created for me. I know that it has helped me to become a better speaker, team player, and most importantly, a better leader. I have just recently graduate from The Art Institute of Boston at Lesley University with a degree in Photography. I also decided to take on a double minor of Design and Art History. NHTP built such a strong foundation in me for acting and performing that I never want to give it up. That is why I made sure to join as many performances as I could during my college career. In the past four years I have played many challenging roles such as Petruchio from Taming of the Shrew and King Edward in Richard III, both by William Shakespeare. I have played a sick old cowboy in a western musical called Lilacs by Terry Michael Chance and even was cast for some extra work in some movies being filmed around Boston and New England. My love for acting will never change, but neither will my love for photography, art, film and design. I hope to combine all my passions one day to create wonderful stories or works of art that will speak to people. In the meantime I will keep auditioning, photographing and making videos of events and weddings, designing anything that comes my way, and of course digging deeper into my personal artistic projects."

No comments:

Post a Comment