Years of Youth Rep

Years of Youth Rep

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Lauren


"During my time with NHTP, I had the opportunity to play four unique roles (and a few more on stage!): First as a camper (Teen Theatre Camp), then as a Senior Rep member, and later as a counselor for Story Theatre Camp and assistant costume designer to Youth Rep. After graduating from Senior Rep, I moved to Boston to attend Emerson College, where I studied Political Communication. Very recently I accepted my first post-grad job as a Research Assistant at Brigham & Women's Hospital.


My years with Senior Rep ('04-'08) are precious memories for me and continue to influence my worldview. The most important thing that I learned from NHTP was how to give and earn respect--there truly was no higher goal than to feel respected by such amazing mentors as Gen and Meghann, and not to mention the other Reppers, who were all so mature and talented it's hard to believe we were all teenagers. Therein lies the secret wonder of NHTP--that it is a magnet for such exceptional people. That, I trust, will never change."

No comments:

Post a Comment