Years of Youth Rep

Years of Youth Rep

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Dierdre

Deirdre teamed up with NHTP for two years, and during that time had the pleasure of performing in, The Mad Women Of Challiot, MacBeth and two of NHTP's summer programs. After graduating from PHS, she studied at a two year acting conservatory (one year in NYC and the other in Los Angeles), and eventually relocated to NYC and began acting in independent film. She has been collaborating with her now fiancé for the past five years and has been a part of the acting, producing and now the directing aspect of film. Her directorial debut, My Little Friend(which was based in shot in Portsmouth, NH), had its premiere at the North Carolina Gay & Lesbian Film Festival this summer. She also had the lead role in the feature film Everyone Says I Look Just Like Her which is currently being distributed on iTunes, Amazon, and DVD.



"When I think back on NHTP, I remember a lot of laughing and a lot of sweating. The laughing for the obvious reason- Surrounded by artists with humor I usually couldn't keep up with and being in scenes with these same people, trying to keep my cool and not breaking.... all this after a long day at school. The sweating was something else- As much as I loved performing and being around those who had the same enthusiasm for the arts as I did, I found that I would get so nervous when the end of class was approaching because I knew the dreaded words would be uttered: IMPROV GAMES! Nothing terrified me more and I couldn't understand why everyone was always so excited about this. The unknown freaked me out and I always found some way to go up last. With that being said, once I was up there, the support, humor and commitment that I was given by my fellow actors always seemed to bring me back down and I was able to relax and just go with it. So, when I think about how NHTP has helped shape me to be who I am today and the actor I am now, I can't help but think... almost every film that I have worked on has been largely improvised. Funny how things work out."

No comments:

Post a Comment