Years of Youth Rep

Years of Youth Rep

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Skyler


Skyler worked with NHTP for 8 years, beginning with an artist-in-residence program at Village Elementary School in York. He became a student member of the Youth Repertory Company, performing in A Mid Summer Night's Dream, Idiot's Delight, The Skin of Our Teeth, and Mother Courage. Skyler then began writing the music and performing in the pit band for several NHTP productions. Eventually, he went on to Berklee College of Music in Boston, MA.

Sklyer recently put out his fifth Skyler record, "...and the Brit" in September and has been playing his final tours and shows with Skyler & The Brit at colleges around the country.

In May, Skyler was hired by Warner/Chappell Production Music in Nashville to be the voice of Movies Now 2, a new Indian cable channel which features American movies. The channel premiered at the beginning of July. He is also in the process of finishing the Berklee degree that he started back in 2009.

In mid-September, Skyler also began working in the mailroom at William Morris Endeavor in Nashville. For those who don't know, all new employees begin in the mailroom and work their way up. It's an important tradition at this 120-year-old company. Skyler's very excited to be working with the best agency in the entertainment business!

"NHTP helped me grow into the person that I am today. It gave me the confidence to command a stage, make friends, and share my art with the world. The friendships that I made taught me to be a caring, compassionate person. The confidence that NHTP instilled in me is a big part of the reason that upon first meeting, I was offered a job, on the spot, at one of the world's biggest record labels---a job that I was not applying for and subsequently turned down. NHTP and the friends I made there have been an incredible support system for me. And I don't know who-or where-I would be without them."

No comments:

Post a Comment